Well it had to happen …. first ding on the Tormach 440 which thankfully was not major.
I made a spring loaded pen from an old Parker Pen body and refill to allow me to sketch the XY movements of the mill on sheet of paper on the mill table. I forgot to reference the tool lengths and the pen buried itself into the table …. fortunately I had a sheet of MDF fastened to the table for protection but the pen dramatically disintegrated and distributed itself around the workshop.
A new pen has been made, better than the first one and no damage to the mill, just to my pride.
I must practice hitting the STOP button with my eyes closed.
Similar or connected posts : –
- Tormach Costing Sheet Update
- Tormach Purchase Costing Sheet
- Mill Turning on the Tormach PCNC440
- Tormach Tooling System and a Spanner in the Works
- Another Haimer tip bites the dust or at least the mill bed
- Tormach PathPilot Version 2 Release – Issues with Shared Folder
- PathPilot Upgrade to Version 2.x.x
- First trial cut on Tormach 440 using Fusion 360 CAM
- Battery replacement module for Chinese vernier scales
- Tormach PCNC440 has arrived