New CNC Kid on the Block ?
I received a mail shot to my blog the other day from Titan Machinery in China. (Clearly I have some distant readers). They are marketing two CNC milling machines aimed at the small workshop and also educational establishments. The specification looks quite good with AC servos, linear rails etc. The working envelope in the small machine is less than on my Tormach PCNC440 and the spindle speed is lower but the larger machine improves on these aspects and does come with an 8k spindle speed and an 8 station automatic tool changer. Both are offered with the Siemens 808D controller.
As yet these do not appear to be on Titan’s website but the datasheet is attached here for the larger Titan 400.
No affiliation by me with this company or their products but thought this might be of interest to the small workshop fraternity. The quoted price for the Titan 400 EXW China works out at under GBP15k delivered UK after you add freight, duty and VAT. This is probably still going to work out less than the current landed price for a Tormach PCNC440. Food for thought.
Similar or related subjects : –
- Enclosure finally added to my Tormach PCNC440
- CNC Work Reference Centring using Mushrooms
- Clough42 Electronic Leadscrew Project Implementation Notes
- Floating pressure foot for the CNCEST3040T mini milling machine
- Probes and Haimer Taster Modification
- Arc and Circle I and J code calculator for GCode cutting paths
- Tormach PathPilot G37 Update
- Tormach PCNC440 Fogbuster and Manual Oiler Service
- Editing the PathPilot Tool Table with Conversational machining codes
- CNCEST 3040T CNC Router Update