I had a mailer this morning from 3Dconnexion to say that their Spacemouse has now got better integration with Fusion 360.
One of my long standing frustrations when using Fusion 360 is that there did not seem to be a short cut or macro to provide the equivalent of using your right hand mouse to click on ‘Home view’. This is desirable when you have flipped and spun your model and just want a single action to reset the view to your starting position.
It appears that the 3Dconnexion Spacemouse now provides this and it can be associated with one of the two buttons on the device. You have to go to Settings/Buttons/Views and then select ‘ISO1 View’
Note that you have to set up the use of the two Spacemouse buttons for each Fusion module i.e. once in the Modelling module and once in Manufacturing module.
Attached below is a write up of the process.
Similar or related subjects : –
- Automated 3D printed collet storage using Fusion 360 parameters
- Fusion 360 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Creating a worm drive in Fusion 360
- Fusion 360 Parameter Lookup Sheet
- Adding Colour Coding to Fusion 360 Assemblies
- Adding a logo to a Fusion 360 model
- Two important Fusion 360 Preferences tips
- Try again after update completes Fusion 360 Error Message
- Fusion 360 Electrical Personal Library tip
- Jerky Mouse Effects with 3D Connexion SpaceMouse and CadMouse used together