The arrival of the Tormach PCNC440 demanded a review of my compressed air infrastructure. I have Bambi 24V pot belly compressor which previously only fed a dust off blower. In addition to this, the compressor now has to feed the new Tormach power drawbar and the Fog Buster coolant system.
To aid distribution I sourced locally a 4 port manifold with an in and pass through in line. This gave me a couple of spare ports for future expansion.
The Tormach PCNC440 arrived with US style push and lock black tubing and fittings with ubiquitous 1/4″ BSP threads. Thank goodness something is common. In total I had something like 15 threads to seal and PTFE tape did not do the job. Soapy water revealed a bubble factory.
A quick scan on the web and it seemed that Loctite 577 was recommended. RS had it in stock and it was a revelation to seal the threads. You just squeeze a thin ring of 577 around the thread and screw it home. Job done ….. but maybe they won’t ever come apart again …. well that’s a problem for another day.
Similar or connected posts : –
- Soldering Iron bit storage on Lytool soldering station
- Water Softener goes AWOL
- Noga External Deburrer and Cut Screws
- Technoline Wireless Weather Station problem
- Using Raaco section boxes for fastener storage
- Bamboo barbeque sticks as dowels
- Spreadsheet Compendium by Popular Request
- Spreadsheet for setting a lathe compound slide angle
- Shopping list spreadsheet that has other uses
- External battery pack to extend the battery life on wireless tags