Well it had to happen …. first ding on the Tormach 440 which thankfully was not major.
I made a spring loaded pen from an old Parker Pen body and refill to allow me to sketch the XY movements of the mill on sheet of paper on the mill table. I forgot to reference the tool lengths and the pen buried itself into the table …. fortunately I had a sheet of MDF fastened to the table for protection but the pen dramatically disintegrated and distributed itself around the workshop.
A new pen has been made, better than the first one and no damage to the mill, just to my pride.
I must practice hitting the STOP button with my eyes closed.
Similar or connected posts : –
- Arc and Circle I and J code calculator for GCode cutting paths
- Tormach PathPilot G37 Update
- Tormach PCNC440 Fogbuster and Manual Oiler Service
- Editing the PathPilot Tool Table with Conversational machining codes
- CNCEST 3040T CNC Router Update
- A CNCEST router / engraver joins the workshop
- Tormach Costing Sheet Update
- Tormach Purchase Costing Sheet
- Mill Turning on the Tormach PCNC440
- Tormach Tooling System and a Spanner in the Works