Some days you walk into the workshop and while you know you have long term projects lurking, you just feel like having a distraction therapy day. For me this usually means adding some tooling in some way or other. Yesterday was one of those days.
While looking around I spotted one of my storage boxes with all the parts I had accumulated to make some table tooling grip nuts as shown by Chris at Clickspring. These are similar to a commercial item. As I now have a tooling plate on the Tormach with a matrix of M8 holes it seemed like a good ‘all in one day’ project and would satisfy my therapy distraction.
Chris did not give any dimensions in his write up but there is more detail in his Patreon video which is subscription only. One gem he passed on was using a piece of 1mm thick material to offset the three jaw chuck to create an eccentricity to the locking nuts.
Similar or related subjects : –
- Tooling Day
- Microscope Update – Stand arrived
- Microscope Addition to Assets
- SDS Rotary Hammer Drill
- You say Vise and I say Vice but we agree that Clamps are Clamps
- Sherline Motor Assembly for clock wheel cutting
- Laser Centring Tool for Tormach Tooling System
- Spindle Illumination Light for the Tormach PCN440
- Shumatech DRO350 Experiences and Fixes
- France Visit, Golf at Brive and a Shumatech DRO350 connection pod