As a regular reader of my blog you may recollect my frustrations last year trying to get reconnected to the internet in our house in France. This followed failures by Orange and Free to deliver on promises.
We called in at a SFR boutique on Wednesday afternoon and somewhat apprehensively signed up with them on a new contract.
On Friday evening we were told our line had been activated and that our router would be ready for collection on Saturday morning. By midday on Saturday we were back on line. Our previous router delivered around 9MB/s download and the new router is peaking around 15MB/s across the same infrastructure. Full connectivity is now restored to all our devices in France and back into the UK.
To say we are pleased is an understatement.
Similar or related subjects : –
- Absence Update – French Leave
- French Connections, House Numbering, Shed Building, Left and Right Hand Threads
- A Bit off Piste – An eventful flight to Toulouse
- January in France
- tado° Update
- tado° Radio Controlled Heating System
- Shipping to France
- France Visit – Managing Expectations and Martel Railway
- IT issues in France – Google Backup and Sync + Port 25
- French Tablecloths and Fusion 360