I have had issues when opening Fusion 360 files downloaded from third party fellow users. I never really got to the bottom of this. Sometimes they would send me an assembly file and I could open the separate items in the structure but not the overall structure itself.
Things then got worse after a visit to France when I created some straight single item models on the machine out there. On return to the UK I could not open these files getting a message “Try again when update completes”. What updates ?? Both the Fusion install in UK and France were running the same version of Fusion so what was the problem ?
I happened upon a thread in the Fusion forum that suggested uninstalling Fusion and re-loading from scratch. This solved the problem. The files all now open on all machines.
Be warned – trying to find a simple click to download button on the Fusion site without going through lots of marketing click boxes is not simple. I was expecting to just log into the Fusion site with my account details and find a hassle free download. It doesn’t seem that simple. I got there in the end though and all is running well.
Similar or related subjects : –
- Automated 3D printed collet storage using Fusion 360 parameters
- Fusion 360 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Creating a worm drive in Fusion 360
- Fusion 360 Parameter Lookup Sheet
- Adding Colour Coding to Fusion 360 Assemblies
- Adding a logo to a Fusion 360 model
- Two important Fusion 360 Preferences tips
- 3Dconnexion Spacemouse has better Fusion 360 integration
- Engineering Video Favourites Updated List
- Fusion 360 Electrical Personal Library tip