When I created the external 1.5V PSU modules for use with my DRO350 it struck me at the time it might be possible to create the same PSU in a dummy battery to fit directly into the scale battery socket.
I used the same AMS1117 regulator chip and decoupling capacitors mounted on a small pcb inside a short piece of K&S thin wall brass tubing. The pcb was milled on the Tormach 440 with hand written G Code and using a dental burr as the engraver. Once the pcb was soldered into the end of the tube I turned back the tube to leave the pcb proud of the tube to match the normal battery profile and spring contact in the scale battery socket.
It was a bit tight to put together but it works ! I am debating a full write up so look back in the future.
Similar or connected posts : –
- Another Haimer tip bites the dust or at least the mill bed
- Tormach PathPilot Version 2 Release – Issues with Shared Folder
- PathPilot Upgrade to Version 2.x.x
- First Ding on the Tormach PCN440
- First trial cut on Tormach 440 using Fusion 360 CAM
- Tormach PCNC440 has arrived
- Tormach PCNC440 Milling Machine Arrives in UK
- Tormach PCNC440 milling machine on it’s way