Another piece of the clock wheel cutting hardware completed.
The Tormach USB expansion board is now boxed and the connectors wired to the board. I milled a viewing window in the box with a matching piece of perspex. This allows me to see the status LEDs on the pcb. Port #P0 is now dedicated to the Sherline CNC rotary table controller which requires a closure to increment the table stepper motor.
The connectors are all 8 pin MiniDIN which matches the interface on the rotary table.
Still got to do the GCode …
Similar or related subjects : –
- Making a Brocot Escape Wheel using Fusion 360 and Tormach PCNC440 CNC milling machine
- Silencing the Bill Smith Gearless Gravity Arm Clock
- A Spanner in the Works – or simply a Stick
- The Gravity of the Village Clock
- Automated Wheel Cutting GCode for the Tormach with the Sherline CNC Rotary Table
- Cycloidal Cutters and Finding the Cutting Centre
- Clock Wheel Cutting Adaptation of a Tormach Saw Mandrel
- Microset Clock Timing Instrument Upgrade
- It’s Horology but not as we know it Jim
- Clocks all Change – Reading Memorial Clock